Visiting the Library after School
We are very happy to have so many students visiting our new library after school.
Here are some important things to remember during your visit:
• Children under 10 should be accompanied by an adult.
• Students in grades 5 and 6 can use the Children’s and Teen room. Students grade 7 and up should use the Teen area.
• Coats and Backpacks must be hung on hooks located in children’s room or kept with the students. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Food or drink is only allowed in the café area. The café does not sell or provide food. It is a tiled area next to the front doors with 3 café tables and chairs. Remember to throw away your food wrappers and recyclables in the café area.
• Computers will not save any work. The computer will log out after 60 minutes and all work will be permanently erased. There is no way retrieve lost work. Please bring portable thumb drive or e-mail yourself your work.
• All Teen and Children’s computers print behind the Children’s Room desk. THEY ONLY PRINT IN BLACK AND WHITE. A Donation of 10 cents per page is suggested. This helps offset the price of ink.
• Please bring headphones with you. We can lend a limited number of headphones for free. All PC’s require a headphone for sound. All MAC’s require a headphone as well.
• Please remember to talk quietly in all areas of the library. The main hallway is primarily for adult use and it is distracting to have loud groups walking through the area.
• Please watch your language and be respectful of other patrons, the computers, books and furniture.
• Feel free to ride your bike or skateboard over to the library, but for safety sake we cannot allow riding and skating in front of the building or in the parking lot.