- To obtain a library card you will need to fill out an application, and photo identification must be shown.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for registering a child under the age of 12 for a library card, and must prove their identity.
Who is eligible for a Townsend Public Library Card?
- All Townsend residents.
- All Massachusetts residents with the exception of those from towns/cities whose libraries have been decertified.
Out-of-state Patron Revised Policy January 1, 2016
- All out-of-state patrons will be required to pay an annual library membersip fee of $20.00 per card. The annual fee will be waived for any out-of-state resident who works in Townsend - supporting documentation will be required.
- Out-of-state fees may be paid by cash or check only - checks should be made out to the Town of Townsend.
- Patrons must present their library card when they bring library materials to be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Personal account holders and/or the responsible adult of a child card holder are responsible for any items checked out on their account and any fines or fees accrued on their account.
- If any library card is lost or stolen the patron must notify the Library. Upon such notification, no materials will be loaned against that card.
- A replacement donation of $1.00 is asked for a new card.